ARC Mission, Values, Goals
- By providing peer-to-peer as well as staff support and mentoring, the Academic Resource Center empowers students to grow intellectually and personally as they pursue their goals.
Our Goals Are To:
- Provide academic support, mentorship and leadership.
- Increase student success in historically challenging courses, and increase retention and graduation rates.
- Increase student self-confidence, motivation, understanding of academic support services, and connection to UCR.
- Encourage a student culture of independent learning.
- Celebrate differences and diversity.
- Ensure equal access to resources.
- Providing a welcoming environment with high quality support services to all students.
- Encouraging students to be life-long learners.
- Respecting the diverse ways in which students learn and acquire knowledge.
- Facilitating collaborative learning experiences.
- Creating a culture of academic excellence.