Undergraduate Writing Support Program
Writing Tutoring Schedule
(January 10 - March 11)
|Monday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
WSP Appointment Activities
Winter 2022 Writing/Reading support Activities
supports UCR undergraduate students through writing consultations and workshops. Our writing tutors are undergraduate students from multiple majors across the UCR campus. We can provide you writing assistance in any academic discipline during any stage of your writing process, pre-writing to finalizing drafts. Writing tutors are a complement to in-class instruction and instructor office hours. How To Prepare for Your Appointment
NOTE: Targeted support for students applying to graduate/professional school, for prestigious scholarships/fellowships, Undergraduate Research Journal submissions, and Honors theses will be relocating. Please contact Dr. Jennifer Kavetsky (Jennifer.Kavetsky@ucr.edu).
To schedule an appointment for writing support, please click on the blue Accudemia Login button above to access our digital appointment system or call the ARC at (951) 827-3721. Only currently enrolled UCR undergraduate students may meet with ARC tutors.
**Please note that students may only make two appointments per week for writing assistance.**
How to Prepare
for Your Appointment
- Bring materials and information related to your writing task such as writing prompts, instructor feedback, drafts, readings, etc.
- If you have questions about your writing or the assignment, bring them to your appointment.
- Be open to ideas, questions and suggestions about your writing.
- Be willing to work with the tutor to improve your skills as a writer.
- Appointments are one-on-one and last about an hour.
- Students may only make two appointments per week, and the two appointments may not be back to back.
- Students who miss 3 appointments in a quarter will be unable to make more appointments for the rest of the quarter.
- "No Shows" do not count as cancellations. Cancellations have to be completed prior to 24 hours before the appointment.
- Students meeting with professional staff are limited to 3 appointments per project.
- Graduate students should contact the Graduate Writing Center by going to gwc.ucr.edu