Undergraduate Writing Support Program
|The WSP will be offering distance tutoring via Zoom to support students learning remotely during Spring 2020.|
supports UCR undergraduate students through writing consultations and workshops. Our writing tutors are undergraduate students from multiple majors across the UCR campus. We can provide you writing assistance in any academic discipline during any stage of your writing process, pre-writing to finalizing drafts. Writing tutors are a complement to in-class instruction and instructor office hours. How To Prepare for Your Appointment
In addition to assignment-based writing support, our professional staff members provide targeted support to students applying to graduate/professional school, for prestigious scholarships/fellowships, Undergraduate Research Journal submissions, and Honors theses.
To schedule an appointment for writing support, please click on the blue Accudemia Login button below to access our digital appointment system or call the ARC at (951) 827-372. Only currently enrolled UCR undergraduate students may meet with ARC tutors.
**Please note that students may only make two appointments per week for writing assistance.**
Winter 2020 Writing Workshops
Please check back for our workshop schedule. We appreciate your patience while we transition to distance education.
Refining Your Writing Process
Reading for Understanding
Reading & Analysis
Tips for Timed Essay Exams
Requesting Letters of Recommendation
April 23 (Thurs): 10-11am
Health Professions Personal Statements
April 8 (Wed): 4-5:30pm
May 19 (Tues): 2-3:30pm
How to Prepare
for Your Appointment
- Bring materials and information related to your writing task such as writing prompts, instructor feedback, drafts, readings, etc.
- If you have questions about your writing or the assignment, bring them to your appointment.
- Be open to ideas, questions and suggestions about your writing.
- Be willing to work with the tutor to improve your skills as a writer.
- Appointments are one-on-one and last about an hour.
- Students may only make two appointments per week, and the two appointments may not be back to back.
- Students who miss 3 appointments in a quarter will be unable to make more appointments for the rest of the quarter.
- Students meeting with professional staff are limited to 3 appointments per project.
- Graduate students should contact the Graduate Writing Center by going to gwc.ucr.edu