Undergraduate Writing Support Program
supports UCR undergraduate students through writing consultations and workshops. Our writing tutors are undergraduate students from multiple majors across the UCR campus. We can provide you writing assistance in any academic discipline during any stage of your writing process, pre-writing to finalizing drafts. Writing tutors are a complement to in-class instruction and instructor office hours. How To Prepare for Your Appointment
In addition to assignment-based writing support, our professional staff members provide targeted support to students applying to graduate/professional school, for prestigious scholarships/fellowships, Undergraduate Research Journal submissions, and Honors theses.
To schedule an appointment for writing support, please call the ARC at (951) 827-3721 or click on the Web Gateway icon below to access our digital appointment system. Only currently enrolled UCR undergraduate students may meet with ARC tutors.
**Please note that students may only make two appointments per week for writing assistance.**
Fall 2019 Writing Workshops
|Citations & Formatting||Grammar & Proofreading||Reading & Writing|
Phrasal Verbs and Idioms
Methods for Close Reading
Improving the Writing Process
Tips for Timed Essay Exams
All workshops will take place at the ARC and are for undergraduate students ONLY.
- Bring materials and information related to your writing task such as writing prompts, instructor feedback, drafts, readings, etc.
- If you have questions about your writing or the assignment, bring them to your appointment.
- Be open to ideas, questions and suggestions about your writing.
- Be willing to work with the tutor to improve your skills as a writer.
- Appointments are one-on-one and last about an hour.
- Students may only make two appointments per week, and the two appointments may not be back to back.
- Students who miss 3 appointments in a quarter will be unable to make more appointments for the rest of the quarter.
- Students meeting with professional staff are limited to 3 appointments per project.
- Graduate students should contact the Graduate Writing Center by going to gwc.ucr.edu.