R'Success Workshop Series
are on a drop-in basis and “first-come, first served.” The workshop series covers a variety of study and life skills topics with each workshop offered several times each quarter. If you’re looking for ways to strengthen your study habits and time management skills, you’ve come to the right place.
Every term, the Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers a series of study skills workshops, which are free of charge for registered UCR students. We encourage students to attend as many workshops as needed and then to visit with our peer mentors and professional staff for feedback and reflection on study skills development. R'Success provides students the flexibility to choose workshop sessions on various study and life skills workshops that align with their individual interests and schedule. Workshops for Fall 2021 will be held remotely and in-person.
In-person at the ARC or remotely through Zoom. For instructions on how to register for an R'Success Workshop, click on the 'Workshop Schedule' tab below
ARC Winter 2022 R'Success Workshops Schedule [in-person and remote] (click here) [FROM JAN 3, 2022 TO JAN 28, 2022, ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE REMOTE]
How to make an appointment for the R’Success Workshops:
- Log into Accudemia – Click on the Accudemia logo (above left); use your SID as your User ID and Password
- Select Service – R’Success Workshops
- Select Course/Activity - R'Success Workshop – Remote (choose this for in-person workshops also)
- Select Day/Time – Make an appointment for the day/time you’d like to attend the topic. Note which topic will be offered from the schedule above.
- Select Confirm - You will receive an email confirmation with your appointment day/time.
When your appointment day/time arrives, log into Accudemia using your SID as your User ID and Password. Click on the green start session button in your appointment listing to join the Zoom session. Please be sure to mute your session upon entry to the workshop.
Contact the ARC Front Desk via phone (951.827.3721) if you encounter any challenges making an appointment.
- Be the CEO of You - Begin managing your networks at UCR
- Goal Setting & Time Management - Learn to set goals, prioritize, and plan for your success at UCR and beyond
- Journey to Academic Success - Recommended for 1st-year and transfer students, the workshop gives a broad view of what students should attend to succeed academically
- Motivation - Moving forward toward academic success
- Taking Care of You, the Student! - Prioritize physical and mental health for a successful academic journey
- Teamwork and Resolving Conflict - Learn to handle and resolve conflict and better understand collaboration
- Public Speaking & Effective Presentations - Provides an overview of public speaking skills and best practices to speak confidently and effectively. Understanding what to include or exclude in a presentation
- Small Talk & Initiating Relationships - Begin to build a foundation for conversations that will lead to more meaningful interactions and relationships
- Stress Management - Know the source and effects of stress, and begin to learn how to deal with and prevent stress
- Reading for Success in College - Learn, practice, and develop reading skills aimed at making the most of your study time and learning
- Preparing for and Taking Tests - There's no shortcut to doing well on an exam, but you can make things easier for yourself by knowing what to do before and during your tests
- Introduction to Graduate and Professional School Exams - Find out about the tests you need to prepare for and take for admission to many graduate and professional school programs
Get recognized for attending workshops throughout the year for a reward.
Register for and attend 7 R'Success Workshops and get a certificate of completion to recognize your participation.
How to Participate
- Review the quarterly Schedule of Workshops from the online under Workshop Schedule tab
- Attend 7 different workshops during the academic year
- Let us know you attended 7 workshops by contacting the R'Success Workshops coordinator.
Completing the Program
Once you have collected at least 7 stamps turn in completed R’Success Card and a reflection to the ARC front desk.
- Send us a reflection by e-mail to the R'Success Workshops coordinator that answers the following questions:
- How has your participation in R’Success workshop series contributed to your academic success?
- How will you continue to develop and apply what you have learned through the series?
After we confirm your participation and received your reflection, the R'Success Workshops coordinator will notify you of your completion of the program
*Add an image of your Certificate of Achievement to your social media account (Instagram, facebook, twitter) with the hashtags #UCRARC #UCRSuccess and let everyone know of your accomplishment.